WOW! It's been a very long time since I visited my blog. I have very good intentions of changing that habit this year. I really hope to be able to update at least once a week. Life is full of surprises though, so no promises.
Going to start off with a recap of 2012.
The biggest thing that happened in 2012 was Ray's retirement from the army. YAY!
This meant we finally were finally able to buy a house and settle down in a forever home. Love, love, love the house. Hated, hated, hated the buying process. LOL. It wasn't particularly difficult, just a very lengthy process, with lots of waiting. I don't like waiting! I have no patience! But it's done now. We got the house we wanted, at the price we wanted to pay, and with a better interest rate than we expected.
The girls did well in school and in extra curricular activities, scoring outstandings in band competitions, being selected as members of the musical honor society, acing state tests, holding on to their first chair positions in band. They handled the move away from their friends with grace, settled into our new life in OK with no problems.
I spent the year crocheting, taking care of the family, and all those little things I do that no one notices, but sure wear me out.
Jared and Sarah started divorce proceedings and Jared moved in with us. Abi is with him half the time too.
Paige is still fighting a custody battle for Landyn, initiated in March when Kris refused to return him after his appointed visitation. Hopefully it will be over soon and hopefully will work out in her favor.
So far I am loving civilian life, but technically it's only been 2 days since his official retirement date was Jan. 1. I may amend that statement later in the year.
Will try to blog again tomorrow, maybe with a list of goals and expectations for 2013.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment