Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thursday Thirteen... #16



Thirteen Things That Members of the Family Need to Accomplish in February

1. Redecorate the kitchen. Honeybee theme accessories have been ordered and shipped. Should be arriving any day now. New china has also been ordered. Still looking for glassware.

2. Make welcome home signs for Daddy. Probably need to buy more glitter. The girls are big fans of glitter. Me, not so much.

3. Amber needs to walk at least 280,000 steps this month...an annual challenge presented to all the local 4th graders. The hospital donates pedometers to all the fourth grade students and all of them that complete the challenge get to attend a fun day at the YMCA at the end of the school year. With basketball practice twice a week and soccer practices twice a week, I don't see this being a problem. She is averaging 12,000 steps per day without the soccer, which doesn't start until Friday.

4. Start and finish Jazmyne's quilt. Glad she is smaller than Jared. Shouldn't take as long to finish her's.

5. Finish Paige's afghan. Yeah, right. Like that is gonna happen. LOL.

6. Complete at least four books. One is finished, another is started. Having a rough time with it, but determined to finish it for personal reasons.

7. Jared needs to pay his tuition. I actually think he did this yesterday, but not sure. I know it was on his "to do" list for the week.

8. Shampoo the carpets. Trying to decide whether I should do this before Kyra and the grand daughters come to visit, or wait until after they leave. If I wait, I am not leaving myself much time before Ray comes home.

9. Mail Valentine packages to the grand daughters. I have most everything bought to put in the packages, just need to get it all in boxes and to the post office.

10. Sign permission slips for the girls' camping trip with the scouts. Also need to inventory their camping supplies and pack their bags.

11. Finish selling this last case of girl scout cookies and turn the money into the troop leader.

12. Dye my hair. It's looking rather neglected lately. I have some pretty golden mahogany in the cabinet, just need to find a spare moment.

13. Make a potato salad for Kyra. It's her favorite food, and she only likes mine, so I make it every time she comes to visit. Also make a pumpkin crunch for Donald.


http://thursday-13.com/

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear. Thanks for the reminder. I have to send off a pkg for my grandbaby lol Am still get used to being one. Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

You remind me I should include a quilt on my list, but I don't know if I can shoe-horn it in or not.

Hazellie said...

Oh why is everybody posting about things they have to do?! LOL! These lists are making me think of the things I need to do but am procrastinating doing them. =P

Thorne said...

Busy family! (What RPG's do you play??)
Up with 13 Thorne-Quirks
Happy TT!

cdayzee said...

what kinds of cookies do you have left?

i need to go in & have my hair done again too. the gal cut my hair fairly good last time but i wasnt too happy w/ the color. wish i could find a decent salon.

Janet said...

Oh, I love glitter :-)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Man, you guys are busy! Redoing the kitchen -- you're very blase about that and I am envious. And by finish four books, do you mean read them?

Happy reading, if so. I have a stack here that I'd love to get through this month. Seven, though. Somehow, I don't see it totally happening...

threesidesofcrazy said...

I love Alice's answer about trying to shoe horn in something else on the list - mine's too long now. LOL Good luck with yours.

Karen said...

Good grief... what a to do list. I wish you luck and I love Amber's goal... what a great thing to foster good health habits.

Jackie said...

Walking is the key!
Great list... happy TT :)

Ingrid said...

You make me tired with this list ! So many things to do, lol !

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Best of luck to Amber on her fund raising... and you sound like you have a busy, bordering on hectic, list of accomplishments to achieve!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a list. You're going to be a busy lady this month. I like the theme of your kitchen. Sounds cute. Thanks for stopping by and Happy TT!

Heather said...

Sounds like a busy month for all of you!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Susan Cook said...

Sounds like a busy month. That is cool about the 280,000 steps challenge. Great idea.

Thanks for stopping by mine. Happy TT!

Mary said...

Your to do list makes me tired! I have a quilt that I finished to top on 2 years ago. I have everything I need to finish it, but I haven't a clue how to do it.

Crazy Person said...

Glitter!
(It's fun...until you get some in your eye. Ouch!)

- Celticlibrarian
http://fremontlibraries.wordpress.com

mielikki said...

wow busy much? Some of that sounds like fun, some of that not...
happy TT, thanks for coming to visit!

Nicholas said...

I hope you manage to do all of that!

The Bumbles said...

I'm with Betty - your list is making me feel guilty about all the crap we need to do!

Thanks for stopping by. Someday you'll have to show me a picture of the shot glass from Germany.

Lori said...

It sounds like you guys are gonna be busy. Good luck with it all. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

tommie said...

take the time to send the package!!

Thanks for visiting my T13

Forgetfulone said...

If you find that spare moment, would you send it this way? That is quite a list! You are busy!