
"Away in a meadow all covered with snow
The little old groundhog looks for his shadow
The clouds in the sky determine our fate
If winter will leave us all early or late."
- Don Halley
What a beautiful week we have had here in Oklahoma. The temperatures have been delightful and the sun has been shining on us daily, gentle breezes blowing through open windows. Hard to believe we were covered in ice a week ago.
Moments of merriment...
1. A couple weeks ago when I took Amber to the orthodontist, he found a crack in one of her baby teeth and wanted me to make an appointment with her regular dentist to have it pulled. Amber was less than thrilled with the idea. I made the appointment, first available one was Feb 25. Lucky for her, the tooth finally decided to get loose and fall out on it's own. She was very happy about that. I am very happy that she is no longer stressing over the dentist.
2. Superbowl commercials. I didn't care about the actual game this year since neither mine nor my husband's teams were playing, but I always love the commercials. My pick for the best of this year is the Bridgestone one with Mr. And Mrs. Potato Head. Funny stuff.
3. Jared's quilt is done, done, done. For some reason I had the hardest time with the binding so it took me longer to finish it than I had planned. But it's done now. Time to start Jazmyne's.
4. Amber's determination to average 10,000 steps per day until March 8. The local hospital challenges the fourth graders every year to walk an average of 10,000 steps per day for 6 weeks. They donate pedometers to all of the students and the teachers record their steps and reset them daily. It's downright inspiring to see Amber's determination. Sometimes it's downright annoying to watch her walk circles around the dining room table for an hour. LOL.
5. My new Pfaltzgraff dinnerware arrived. In pieces. Lots of pieces. That's not the good part. The good part is that the company offered me a choice of returning the dishes for a complete refund or exchange, or I could keep them and they would refund me 50% of the purchase price. I had ordered two sets, each was service for 4. After throwing out the broken pieces, I was left with service for 6. I took the refund and ordered another service for 4. I appreciate a company that is willing to work with their customers.
6. The cutest matching Valentine dresses for the grand daughters. Their package is all ready to go in the mail.
7. Amber's soccer coach called the other day to find out her uniform size and to make sure she wanted the same number as usual on her jersey. He has decided to buy new uniforms for the entire team. He's such a nice guy.
8. Sim Animals. Just bought it for the kids and they are having a blast. Earlier today Jazmyne got annoyed because a weasel ate all of her squirrels. Then Amber spent some time amusing herself by catching mice and feeding them to a dog and then tossing the cat in the river for fighting with her bunnies. LOL.
9. Baby cuddles and baby smiles. Can't get enough.
10. My husband has started mailing his stuff home. Woohoo! Not too much longer and he will be home too.
Please forgive the absence of my prayer list. I have prayed, for quite a few people, but I am running short on free time right now. No time to type it out.
Psalm 149:3
Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.

1 comment:
oh wow - that sucks about your dishes! I'm glad the company however was so understanding/caring! I hope the additional shipment doesnt come broken!
#8: LOL!! Love it!
Post a Comment