Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Still Thankful


I have been informed that today is Tuesday, not Monday. My brain doesn't want to accept this as a true fact, but the evidence is everywhere...the satellite is showing Tuesday programming, my computer calendar insists that it is Tuesday, my neighbors are putting out trash cans in preparation for a Wednesday pickup...so it is either really Tuesday or there is a really big plotting going on, most likely designed to convince me I am nuts. I am just going to humor everyone and play along.

Here is my list of things I am grateful for this past week....

1. Don't tell my husband...but I am thankful that the Patriots lost their playoff game. Not because I didn't want them to win, but because I don't think my nerves could have handled any more games with him acting like a raging lunatic.

2. Amber got new glasses, finally. She got two pair with bright blue frames that she just LOVES, with a 2 year warranty, all for $115.

3. Abi called me twice yesterday to chat. Unfortunately I was the only one talking, she just listened, until her Mama took the phone away from her and told her to quit playing with Daddy's phone. LOL.

4. Found some more uniform capris for Amber, on sale for $7. I like sales.

5. Jazmyne has shown an interest in reading the Hunger Games trilogy. Not only is it kind of a miracle that she want to read (she is not a reading fan at all) but she has chosen books that I really enjoyed. Plus, I found the whole trilogy, in hardback, for $20.

6. A new crockpot recipe for Pepper Jack BBQ chicken. Yummy!

7. Rain, rain, rain, and more rain! I love rain! And we got LOTS of it last week.

8. Playing Scattergories with the kids. So fun to see what they come up with for answers.

9. The softest, warmest, most fuzzy socks I have ever owned. Hubby bought me two pair...one red and one white.

10. Hubby took me and Amber out for ice cream. I splurged big time and had one of DQ's waffle bowl sundaes. So good!

“So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done.”

...Marian Wright Edelman

3 comments:

cdayzee said...

Could you share the crock recipe? :)

kandyblossom said...

I don't have exact amounts, so you just kind of have to gauge what your family needs.

Take some boneless, skinless chicken breast and slice them open along one side. Stuff the opening with pepper jack cheese. Use toothpicks to hold them together after stuffing. Pour some BBQ sauce in the bottom of your crockpot, add the chicken, pour the rest of the bottle of sauce over the chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. My crockpot cooks fairly fast so my cooking time was closer to 4 hours.

The actual recipe called for these to be cooked on the grill, but Ray has been too busy to grill so I used the crockpot. Turned out very good, except I should have used more cheese.

cdayzee said...

thanks for the recipe :) Sounds super easy! Glad it turned out well!

I tried a new chicken crock one last night. didnt turn out. Fed it to dogs :S blah!