
Going to be busy tomorrow, so figured I should go ahead and post this tonight. Been a fairly routine week here at our house, but even so, there was plenty to appreciate.
1. I appreciate the fact that my husband always calls and/or texts me everyday whenever he is away, if it's possible for him to do so. There are some dead zones in the training areas here so it's not always possible. Thankfully, this time he was working in an area that had good reception.
2. I am thankful that both of my girls have done such a good job with their school work this year. Jazmyne has had one or two lapses, but nothing like last year's continous battle. Amber, as always, works hard and does everything she is supposed to do.
3. I am thankful to have a daughter talented enough to be invited to join the Parish orchestra. Go Jazmyne!
4. I am thankful for the close, loving relationships I have with all of my children. I know so many people that aren't even on speaking terms with their grown children. I can't even imagine how painful that must be.
5. I am thankful for the extra $87 I discovered we had when I decided to roll all of the change in the change jar. Going to keep saving until summer, then we will cash it all in towards something fun while we are on vacation in New Hampshire.
6. I am thankful for a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law that I can love like my own children. I try very hard not to be that stereotypical mother-in-law that is hated by all of her children's spouses. I think I succeed fairly well.
7. I am thankful for a fuzzy kitty to snuggle with on those nights my husband spends away from home.
8. I am thankful for a nice warm house, soft blankets, hot homemade soups, and plenty of hot chocolate, hot tea, and hot coffee to keep us warm on these cold days and nights.
9. I am extremely thankful for the financial security that Ray's career gives us. I know that there are so many that lack that particular blessing.
10. I am more grateful than I can express that God loves me more than I can even imagine, despite my numerous flaws.
Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. ~
Charles Dickens

3 comments:
I'm experiencing 2nd hand what cell reception is like there LOL!! Communication is a lot like Iraq!
Great list as always :)
Yep, it's pretty bad out in the training areas. We have Sprint and there are only a few spots in the training areas that get any reception at all. AT&T is the best for out there. Ray has a Go Phone that he usually takes with him.
Glad today is the last day of Ray's part of this rotation. I am ready for him to be home again.
I asked DH if he saw yours & he said no lol. Thought it would've been funny :)
Yep..luckily we have att but it can still get sketchy.
Post a Comment