
Been awhile since I updated. Things got busy around here during Easter/spring break. Two of the older kids, along with their s/o and kids came to visit. It was so nice to see everyone again. Will get to see them again in a few weeks when we go to Oklahoma for Jared's wedding.
Happenings around here...
* First child is getting married. That's kind of big.
* Only one more grading period until school is out for the summer.
* We have two new family members. Aphrodite...the parakeet... and Twinkie...the guinea pig.
* Ray got the first of a series of shots in his back. It's really helping with the pain.
Aggravations...
* The public school system is not what is failing our children. It is lazy parenting that is failing them.
* Everyone gets the same amount of time to work with each day. I'm sorry if you can't manage your time better.
* State testing this week. I HATE standardized tests.
* While I do generally love the ability to keep up with my children's school work online, I get extremely irritated with teachers that do not use the site properly. Inputting assignments and listing each student as having a zero until you actually grade the papers, then going back and changing those grades, may seem like a good idea to you. Probably because you aren't the one getting the 7:00am phone call on a Sunday morning telling you that your child has a zero on said assignment. You see, once that zero has been inputted, a phone call is generated, doesn't matter what you change the grade to later.
Minor Annoyances...
* Dear Hubby...those pans you drained your Harley oil into used to be the pans that baked yummy brownies, biscuits, casseroles, etc. I believe a trip to the store to purchase new bake ware is in order if you want any of those goodies ever again.
* Dear Hubby (again)...You have a TBI. Biggest symptom is your short term memory loss. It's documented in your medical file. You use it as an excuse as to why you can't remember a plethora of things that I would like you to remember. Therefore, you MAY NOT insist that you specifically remember that you DID NOT forget something just because you are in a bad mood and want to pick a fight.
* Dear Jazmyne...I do all of the laundry every single day. When I cannot find clean clothes to wear I will always become suspicious that maybe you are not actually putting the laundry away. I will check your room, including the closet. When a mountain of folded laundry falls out when I open the door, you are going to have to pay the consequences. The ten minutes you saved yourself by not putting the laundry away, will end up costing you an entire week of extra chores. Was it worth it?
* Dear Jazmyne (again)...I need to be able to see your lips move when you talk to me. Otherwise, I can't understand what you are saying. I have hearing issues. This is not new. I have had these issues longer than you have been alive. I don't know why you think that after all this time I should be perfectly capable of normal hearing. Not gonna happen. Either speak where I can read your lips or don't speak at all. Tired of saying "What?" a million times.
* Dear Kate Gosselin...Go Home!!! You cannot dance and you are ruining my one tv addiction.
Blessings...
* After all the stress, fighting and groundings, both girls have excellent report card grades.
* The movie, The Blind Side, was incredible!
* My new book, Heavenly Humor for the Woman's Soul, is much fun.
* Ray was able to fix my washing machine, avoiding a service call and that expense.
OK, going to publish this before it gets any longer. Will try to update on a more regular schedule.

1 comment:
lol - i laugh b/c Brandon is guilty of that laundry thing too!
Loved reading! :)
Post a Comment