Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekly Wonders


If you truly love Nature, you will find beauty everywhere.
~Vincent Van Gogh ~

A pretty average week here in Louisiana. Lots of cleaning, lots of laundry (WHERE does it all come from?)annoying dog, emo kitty, frustrating children, angry husband...all the little things that make up my days. There were, however, a few moments that shined and maybe even sparkled a bit.

1. Indianapolis Colts beat the Baltimore Ravens. Yea!

2. Maintenance came and fixed my leaky freezer. Now I won't have a constant puddle under the vegetable drawers.

3. While he was here, he fixed my dishwasher, which had decided that draining the dirty water was too much work.

4. Amber had a science assignment that involved observing an animal and finding adaptations that has helped the species to survive. She chose to observe the cute spider that lives on our screened in patio. First, I was very proud of her for not taking the easy way and observing the dog or cat. Second, I LOVE spiders, so I was quite happy that she was showing an interests in them too. We enjoyed a good 15 minutes happily examining Monica (Amber felt she needed a name) and her beautiful home.

5. Finally made it to the library and got new books. They only had one of the ones from my list, but I found 2 others that sound really interesting. Amber also got 3 books for herself and we got the first 2 in the Percy Jackson series for Jazmyne.

6. Third six week term and first semester is finally finished. School year is officially half way over. YEA! Despite Jazmyne's many zeroes, she managed to make honor roll. Amber also made honor roll.

7. When my son called for his weekly chat, he put Abi on the phone and I got to hear her giggle. Baby giggles are the best!

8. Dinner at Cracker Barrel in Lake Charles. I love pretty much everything they serve, Ray always gets the pancakes served with warm spiced peaches and Amber swears that they have the best chicken strips in the world. Jaz wasn't with us, she was busy with Honor Band auditions.

9. Watched season 3 of Primeval with Ray this week. Amber started watching with us about half way through the season. Now she wants to go back and watch the rest of them.

10. The "Murder She Wrote" game I got from Big Fish Games. Fun.

Praying for...

Mavis

Brenda

Diona

Shanks Family

Diane's DIL

Janeta's Sister

Kelly

Kathy


Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ