Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tis The Season


YEA! My favorite time of year officially starts for me today! I love fall and everything that comes with it...cooler weather, Halloween, football season, soups and stews, fuzzy socks, autumn leaves, pumpkins, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, holiday decorations and eventually Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know that for the rest of the world fall doesn't start for a couple more weeks, but the first day of football season marks the beginning for me. Kind of excited to see what fall in Louisiana will be like.

More randomness...

* EBice Cold Therapy System...a nifty little device left over from Paige's scoliosis surgery days. Ray dug it out of the garage yesterday and tried it out. Not only did it run perfectly after all those years in storage, it actually enabled him to be pain free for the first time in almost a year. I am so very thankful that we kept it!

* Progress reports came home. Amber is doing excellent. Jazmyne is doing great in all the classes she cares about. She is barely passing Social Studies simply because she hates it and doesn't do the work. GGGRRRRRR!

* Nightly pedicures from my husband. He is so good to me! I have silky smooth feet now. Fourty four years worth of calluses have been filed away.

* Finally had time to call my sister. She's been trying to call me since early last week and I have just been to busy to chat. Talked to her for a couple of hours today. Very nice.

* Jared tested out of his remedial English class so the University is refunding his money for that class. He in turn will send the refund to us. YEA!

* Moon Sand...not sure how I feel about it yet. Ray bought some for Amber because he couldn't find the modeling clay she wanted. She loves it. Jazmyne loves it. I've found a few small pieces around the house...on the kitchen floor, on the living room carpet, on the loveseat...it doesn't seem to stick to stuff like clay. That's something in it's favor.

* Bought two workbooks for Amber, duplicates of the ones she uses at school. One is a geography book, the other is Language Arts. Having them at home will enable her to get a jump start on the week's work by starting it on the weekend instead of waiting for the teacher to hand out the pages each Monday. We already have copies of the spelling words for the year. Will definitely help her.

Must sleep!

Praying very hard for Mavis!

No comments: