Friday, September 11, 2009

God Bless the USA


Thinking of all those that lost their lives on this date eight years ago and all of those that have lost their lives in the war on terrorism since. I will never, ever forget that day.

Nothing very exciting to report...

* My brain hurts from trying to figure out how Amber's Language Arts teacher figures the grade. Amber has four A's, one B and three C's in Language Arts. Three A's and the B are spelling tests. Two C's and the other A are grammar tests. The other C is a reading comprehension test. According to the teacher, this all averages out to be an overall grade of a C. I am seriously confused. I have emailed the teacher asking her to explain her grading scale but so far no answer.

* My tooth hurts again. It's not a bad pain, just an annoying ache. Even more annoying is the fact that it hurts the worst when I go to bed. Just one more thing standing between me and sleep. I wonder if the cause of death on my death certificate will read "Lack of sleep."

* It's raing today. Lots of rain. It stopped raining cats and dogs an hour ago. Now it's raining bears and moose. I like it. The dog doesn't.

* My cat has OCD issues. Drives Ray nuts that his wife, his daughter and now the cat are so obsessive about everything, especially routines. He is ADHD. He abhors routines and organization. He hates time management. Sucks to be him. Me, Amber and the cat rule the house. LOL.

* He also hates that his dog is so GIRLY! She is prissy, emotional, and looks good with pink toenails. Calls of nature embarrass her. She pouts like a pro. She won't eat when anyone is watching. Poor Ray says he is drowning in estrogen.

* Fantasy football team is looking good so far. Thank you Pittsburgh. Also joined a survival football league and a pick-em league. Football is FUN!

* Jazmyne pulled her social studies grade up from a 53% to a 78% in one week. She has two weeks to get it up to a B. I think she can do it.

* She finally gets her phone back today when she gets home from school. I've had it for a month now. Wonder how long it will take for her to lose it again?

* Ordered Amber the complete set of Captain Underpants books. Not my favorite reading material, but it could be worse. At least she will read them without complaint.

* Bought Ray a guardian bell for his motorcycle, to protect him from the evil road spirits. Apparently there is a legend about this and it's tradition. If the bell is a gift it doubles the protection. Um...Ok. LOL. I had never heard this legend. Donald told me about it and said I needed to get Ray a bell. So, since I prefer my husband in one piece instead of being the victim of angry road spirits, I purchased him a bell with an army logo on it. Am I a great wife or what? LOL

* Need to order the Smart Music computer program for Jazmyne. I am procrastinating though. I don't mind the $30 for the program. I don't like having to spend the $40 for the required microphone. Blah!

* Beef stew is cooking in the crockpot. Smells heavenly! Making homemade biscuits to go with it. Yum!

Praying for...

Mavis!!!

Dorothy

Brenda

Diona

Rebecca

Evelyn

Aaron

Ray's Mom

Mark 11:24

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

2 comments:

cdayzee said...

First of all, love the pic of Marshmallow at right! She's such a beautiful cat!

Yes, it's still raining here as well. We've been needing it though. Of course as you know, certain areas are prone to flooding, so I do feel for those ppl. I used to live in said area. Garage flooded all the time. Very inconvenient since many things were stored in there to include boxes & our washer/dryer.

ikwym re Amber's LA grade. Last year Brandon's teacher had a strange way of figuring it as well. She finally did attempt to explain it to me but only when I confronted her in person in front of the principal. I still didnt understand it. But of course here LA divides into separate writing & reading grades then is combined into one LA grade.

High five for Jazmyne getting her grade up!

LOL! It's so that way here too re the ocd & adhd & the animals!!

Trin finally pushed Trixie out to go potty. She's like a camel that can hold her waste forever. Otherwise it wouldve been 2 days now. Even if it's not raining, she won't go outside if it's wet.

Capn Underpants - Brandon used to love that series & I believe read them all. I agree though - not exactly what I'd prefer him to read but....

Guardian bell - hmm..I've not heard of this either. Maybe they need to gift many to the soldiers here that keep perishing :( You'll have to post a pic of it.

And lastly, we're having breakfast for dinner tonite b/c I've been craving it. I wanted some biscuits but I dont have any mix & probably don't have all the ingredients to make them from scratch either. Oh, well - toast will do.

kandyblossom said...

Thanks Hun. She is my baby! Since the kids are all growing up and won't let me cuddle them (Amber will occasionally) I needed a new baby. Marshmallow likes to be loved and cuddled.

Teacher finally called and talked to Ray. Her grading scale is reading is worth 45%, grammar is 45% and spelling is 10%. Kind of annoying that so little importance is placed on spelling. Maybe that is why kids today can't spell worth crap.