
Thirteen Things I Miss About Oklahoma
1. My son. He stayed behind to build his own life with fiancee Sarah and their expected bundle of joy. I definitely miss having him and his quirky sense of humor around.
2. My kids' schools. To be fair, we haven't experienced the schools here yet. They may be awesome. But I know for a fact that their old schools were incredible.
3. The greatest teacher we've ever had the privelege of working with, Mr. Newton. I have five kids, with a combined total of 51 years in the public school system. That translates into several hundred teachers. Mr. Newton, who taught our youngest for the last two years, outshines them all by far.
4. Great coaches. Coach Al, Coach Robert, Coach Jason...3 people who were a very big part of my girls' lives the last 3 years. They coached everything...baseball, basketball, a gazillion soccer seasons, and my girls are crazy about them.
5. Great scout leaders. Ms. Tasha, Mrs. Chesser and Ms. Amanda. A great big thank you to those very wonderful ladies.
6. My kitchen, with the double ovens and tons of cabinet space. My only consolation here is the glass top range.
7. My huge yard and privacy fencing. Going to take some time to get used to being so close to so many people here.
8. Everything being a five minute drive from my house. It was all so convenient, especially for someone who hates to drive.
9. Restaurants. Not the fast food joints...plenty of those here. I miss Olive Garden and Chiles and Cracker Barrel and Applebees and LoneStar and....Nothing like those here.
10. Hobby Lobby, or any craft store. Don't know how I am going to satisfy my fabric and yarn addiction here.
11. Fast food restaurants and convenience stores that stay open past 7:00pm. No whopper at midnight. Probably a good thing...but still gonna take take some getting used to.
12. Starbucks. I don't drink them very often, maybe a couple of times in a year, but it was nice to know they were five minutes away if I had a sudden irresistible urge for a vanilla bean frappucino.
13. A decent store to shop in. The only place here is Wal Mart. Not a big fan of Wal Mart, but if I am going to have to shop there I wish it were at least clean and organized. Not words I would use to describe my current shopping option.
Now, lest people think that I don't like my new home or that I am complaining, let me assure you that is not the case. I actually like it here quite a lot, it's just a lot different than what I have grown accustomed to. Next week I will list 13 things I love about Louisiana.

11 comments:
I'd miss a double oven too!!!
Hope you settle in well.
I love Lonestar Steakhouse and Cracker Barrel too!!!
Happy Thirteening!!
moving meets with such sweet sorrows with many strings to post on our hearts. Our first house had a double oven and I loved it as well
I thought the same things when I moved from the big city. There is a lot to be said for the laid back way of life.
I'm sure you'll settle in and love your new residence just as much if not more. It's nice the kids had such wonderful influences in their lives. Hope you find the same again. Happy T13!
Are you near New Orleans? My son was just there and told me it's his favorite city by far.
That's a long list of miss.
Awww...
I like in OKC, and if you ever need anything from Hobby Lobby, I am volunteering to get it for you and ship it. I know how it is to be without one! :-)
Sounds like there are many things you miss. Sometimes it's hard to move. I hope it'll get easier for you.
I hear you on the WalMart thing. Around here, we call it the Hellmouth.
While I hope you have your eyes on the future and are looking forward to your new life, I think it's lovely that there are so many, many things about your previous home that have a place in your memories. (Thanks for visiting my TT)
Sounds like a lot to adjust to. You're not whining at all, just being nostalgic. Nothing wrong with that.
Post a Comment