Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thirteen...#26


Today is moving day so I thought I would make my list from the observations I have made while preparing for our move.

1. When closets and cabinets were emptied, I discovered I had at least twice as much stuff as I thought.

2. Amber needed a separate suitcase just for her shoes.

3. There has been a whole civilization of dust bunnies living in my house undetected for years.

4. It's amazing to discover what each person in the house deems important enough to keep behind to move personally instead of allowing it to be packed by movers.

Ray...His laptop, XBox 360, and his WoW figures.
Me...My computer and sewing machine.
Paige...Mostly she just kept necessities for herself and Landyn.
Jazmyne...Her music, journal, and a dolphin water globe.
Amber....half of her shoes, two of her babies (with accessories) two stuffed elephants, her fairy books and all of her Charlie Brown movies.

5. It always rains on moving days.

6. The packers wrap EVERYTHING! A thousand trees must have died to produce enough wrapping paper for our move. Sigh.

7. The repeated sound of packing tape tearing is very irritating.

8. You always need something that has been packed away in the bottom of your suitcase.

9. Preparing to move makes you tired, too tired to cook. That means eating out. That is expensive. It's also bad for the diet.

10. Kids will have twice as much homework as normal while in the middle of moving. They will also need to go to more parties and sporting events...anything to distract me from what needs to be done.

11. The baby does not like being confined to the kitchen.

12. The dog thinks packing boxes and all that wrapping paper is kind of freaky. He also thinks rain is kind of freaky so he won't stay outside. He is not impressed with all this moving business...makes him have irresistible urges to pee on something.

13. Always make sure you know where your shoes are BEFORE the movers start packing.

http://thursday-13.com/

5 comments:

My expressions LIVE said...

Ohhhh I hate moving....better you than me....best of luck! Great 13 though!

Anonymous said...

I hate moving! Hope all goes smoothly for you. Are you moving far?

Tracey said...

Ahhh...this reminds me of our move about a year and a half ago....shudder...

Nikky said...

ah moving day...if it doesn't rain it snows! I always move my pets last, that way when they get there everything sort of smells a little like home and they aren't so freaked out...but then again I have cats so...
hope your move went well, may you find everything you need in the first box you open.

you should come and check out my blog, i have given you an award!

hope you are having a fun day!

whiterabbit said...

Ah yes, the joys of moving. However, it is much easier to move with someone coming in and packing all at once than trying to do it a little at a time. Good Luck!!