Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thursday Thirteen #17



Thirteen Reasons I love my Wonderful Husband

1. He makes me laugh. No matter how mad I may be at him or how determined I am to be in a grumpy mood, he can and does make me laugh.

2. He loves all five children equally. He has never once treated the older three as anything other than his own.

3. He has more confidence in himself than any person I have ever met. The possibility of failure never crosses his mind. The possibility that someone may not like him never occurs to him. The word "can't" is not a part of his vocabulary. I find that confidence highly attractive.

4. He is an incredible father. He coaches the kids' soccer, basketball, and baseball/softball teams when it's possible. He goes on Girl Scout camping trips with them, chaperoning dozens of giggling Brownies and Juniors. He volunteers to be cookie Dad for their troops. He chaperones band trips and entertains at their birthday parties. He takes them on bike rides and roller blade trips around town, takes them fishing at 6:00am. He sits through kid movies and preteen movies without complaining.

5. He remembers all the important dates, sometimes better than I do.

6. He has an awesome dedication to everything he does. Whether it's about his family, his career, or his hobbies, he gives 110%, no matter the personal cost to himself, or sometimes our bank account. LOL.

7. He looks really good in his uniform. He also looks really good in anything else.

8. He thinks I am wonderful and he spoils me rotten. He paints my toenails and gives me massages. If I say I like something, he gets it for me. Like jewelry and Jeeps. I'm not always sure why he loves me so much, but I am very happy that he does.

9. He makes up silly songs and sings them at the strangest times.

10. He has the same old fashioned marriage and family beliefs and values that I do.

11. He indulges my many quirky behaviors and OCD issues.

12. He likes to cuddle. And he does it very well.

13. He doesn't hold grudges. I wish I could learn that one.

Bonus: He moves my furniture and hooks up my electronics. LOL...that was just for him, in case he's reading.

http://thursday-13.com/

20 comments:

Jackie said...

You have an awesome man there! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day :)

Happy TT!

Kristen said...

Sounds like you picked a keeper. Awesome list!

Hazellie said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a great husband like that! =)

Mine's great too, and I love his massages! The best thing about him is that although he's been at work all day and is exhausted when he gets home, he still insists on giving a massage if I complain about muscle aches!

Unknown said...

Yup, he's a keeper for sure. Hang on tight! Happy Valentine Day!

Lori said...

Sounds like a great guy. Happy TT:)

Carol said...

Woah! Yeah, he's a keeper! Thank the Lord for that man every day, honey. He's a true rarity. (Uh, I have one like that, too. Just substitute "suit" for "uniform" and we only have 2 kids.)

Happy T-13!

Anonymous said...

I posted about my husband today too.

Mine's at http://aliceaudrey.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/the-13-sexiest-things-my-husband-does/

janetfaye said...

I am happy for you that you have a wonderful husband!

Happy Valentine's Day to the both of you!

cdayzee said...

you are so blessed!!!

Carmen Shirkey Collins said...

mine kills the bugs, which makes him near perfect. ;)

Mia Celeste said...

What a great post and what a great guy! Hope you share your post with him and Happy Valentine's Day.

Karen said...

Wow... you are one lucky lady... hold on to that one and never let him go!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Aww! That was a sweet list.

Linda

CountryDew said...

Wow, what a great tribute. I hope your hubby reads it!

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Small engine repair, electronics hook-up, and furniture moving are in most men's contracts at birth... Still, he sounds like a heck of a guy!

Susan Cook said...

Sounds like a great guy. Hope you have a special Valentine's day with him.

Happy TT & VD!

Janet said...

holy crap! Where can I find of of these???

Mary said...

Sounds like a great guy! Lucky you!

Thorne said...

I adore your list. Those are all some awesome things to love in a partner.
Happy TT! Im up with TT#26- A Lil Too Straight?

Ingrid said...

I think he earns an award ! "Best hubby of the world", lol !