Charlie Brown

Where did this week go? It seemed to just blow past in a frantic whirlwind of drama and aggravation. Still working on the one major problem, most of the smaller ones have been either solved or set aside for the moment. I hate the upheaval and the stupidity we have faced this week, but at least it kept my mind occupied with things other than how many more days until I see my husband again.
Some of the more enjoyable events this week....
1. A coupon in the mail for free shampoo. Yea! I love free!
2. Lane Bryant's going out of business sale. I got a whole new summer wardrobe for less than $100. I am happy because I get lots of new clothes. Ray is happy because his wallet didn't suffer.
3. Season premiere of Dollhouse. I have been waiting for this for awhile and it didn't disappoint. Love Joss Whedon, love Eliza Dushku. I know what my Friday night plans are for awhile.
4. Landyn's first professional portraits are back. He's just too cute for words!
5. A sweet "just because" card in the mail from Niki. Thank you Dear!
6. Amber found her Easter dress and it is so cute. Pink (of course) with white polka dots and a little white jacket. She also got pink shoes. She is like her mother and likes to have all the color coordinated accessories. LOL.
7. Jazmyne's drawings for her Language Arts report. She is doing her report on "Assassin" by Anna Myers. It's about the assassination of President Lincoln, told in alternating chapters from the point of view of John Wilkes Booth and a fictional 14 y/o girl named Bella, a seamstress in the white house. Anyway, Jazmyne's report is supposed to include drawings of three main characters and she has done an excellent job.
8. Figured out a way to assist two of the adult children to get new vehicles. Luckily the third one is good in that department. He will probably just need help with next semester's tuition. I will think about that later.
9. Hubby has completed his final deployment mission.
10. Amber got her new soccer uniform today. Her coach paid for new uniforms for the whole team, which was very kind of him. What was even nicer was that he sprung for the extra expense of having their names put on the jerseys. It's very cute and she loves it.
Praying for....
Kelly's brother and all of her family
Lynne's daughter
Kathy
Evelyn's husband Paul
Chari and her family
Debbie
Lori's friend and her friend's husband
Patrick and Stephen's grandmother
Janet's husband Mike
My husband and his team.
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

3 comments:
First, ty for the prayers!
love that Scripture quote!!
now, wait - Lane Bryant is going out of biz????? They just put a store in here! I was thinking about ambling my way over there at some point. just havent gotten the motivation to go.
The Lane Bryant online catalog store is going out of business, not the entire chain of stores. Sorry for that confusion.
whew! lol BUT! i might have to visit the site then LOL!
Post a Comment