Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #6


Thirteen Things I am Thankful For


1. God's Love and Grace.

2. A husband that loves me for who I am, including all my little quirks and my numerous insecurities. A man who is dedicated to taking care of his family no matter the personal cost to himself. A man just as dedicated to his country. My hero.

3. Five beautiful, happy and healthy children, each special in their own way, each blessed with their own individual talents.

4. Two gorgeous grand daughters. And a special little grand son soon to be making his arrival.

5. My Dad. The man who set the bar for every other man that came into my life. My first ever hero.

6. Three sisters. Unique individuals that have each had, in some way, an effect on the person I am today.

7. Wonderful friends that support me and love me through everything, no matter how traumatic, petty, silly or messy it may become.

8. A nice home, electricity, heat and water. Plenty of food and clothing for everyone I love.

9. Being able to give my children a good education and opportunities that were never available to a poor farm girl growing up in Indiana.

10. The freedom to live my life the way I choose.

11. My husband has a great job, with no chance of being laid off or fired, and good medical insurance. And as a perk...he loves his job.

12. Everyone I love is healthy and happy.

13. Cheesecake!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Jennifer Chasse said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

BTW... Is it pumpkin cheesecake? I love pumpkin cheesecake. :)

Di said...

Cheesecake...good counterpoint! May I add pecan pie!!!

Momisodes said...

Those are some wonderful things to be thankful for :)

I just love the closer!