
Such a lazy week I have had. The kids only went to school on Monday and Tuesday, so I got to sleep in the rest of the week. Jazmyne is in so much trouble that she has to do so many extra chores every day that I hardly have to do a thing. No one wanted a big Thanksgiving dinner so I was spared that job (though I really don't mind doing it) I have just laid around the house, watching movies, reading, talking on the phone and playing on the computer. It's been great. I highly recommend it to everyone. LOL.
This weeks accomplishments and "feel good" moments...
1. Our Christmas tree is up and looks gorgeous. This year, since Ray isn't home, I didn't have to use the ugly, demented looking angel on top. I am using the angel that I love and he hates. LOL.
2. I finally figured out what was wrong with the train and it is now merrily racing circles around the tree and through the tunnels made from presents, playing "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" and blowing it's whistle. It won't blow steam anymore, but I'm ok with that.
3. All of my Christmas cards are signed and addressed, pictures inserted in those that needed them, almost ready to send. Just need to buy stamps. Lots of stamps.
4. I properly installed new smart cards in 3 out of 4 Dish Network receivers, all by myself. Jared did the one in his room. I feel positively handy. LOL.
5. I found a Wii for my Dad for Christmas. He is going to be so surprised and so happy! I love it that we could afford to get something so nice for him. He has done so much for me in my life.
6. We had such fun shopping for our adopted family, we decided to adopt another. Going shopping on Monday for an adorable 3 y/o little girl and her 7 month old little brother.
7. Caramel, fudge and pecan brownies. Worth the 10 lbs I am sure I gained from that indulgence.
8. The Waltons' "The Homecoming: A Christmas Story." A Thanksgiving tradition in my house. Me and Amber love it. Everyone else in the house (including the dog) rolls their eyes at the mere mention of it.
9. Got the girls' school pictures back, very cute. Now, if I could only figure out why my scanner won't scan.
10. $20 off of the book that Jared wants for Christmas. I love a good deal.
Praying for safe travels for my husband and his team this week.
Praying for those affected so badly by our economy.
Praying for my sisters, who are being too stubborn to realize that it doesn't matter who started it or who's fault it is.
"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Col. 3:13

4 comments:
Gale, Sounds like a wonderful holiday break. I have more christmas cards to make which I really need to get crackin' on. LOL
*hugs*
Oh my - what did Jazmyne do to get herself in so much trouble??
Sounds like you had a good week :)
So do I get new pictures of the girls or do they stay perpetually 5? LOL
AR...It was quite nice, once the actual Thanksgiving day was over. Hope your weekend was good too. Have fun with the cards.
ris...same things. The second she gets ungrounded, she turns around and gets regrounded for the exact same thing. Found a stack of clean, folded laundry under her bed. Apparently getting grounded again was worth the two seconds she saved herself by not putting them away.SIGH.
wr...perfect timing. Jazmyne is licking envelopes now. I saved yours before it was sealed and stuck in a picture for you. Though really you should just be happy with them at age 5. They were cuter, less annoying. LOL. I am home now, and tragically poor, so you can call back anytime. Can't afford to go anywhere else.
Post a Comment