Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sniffle, Sniffle

My Sweetie is gone and I am sad. He left 3:00pm, after much hugging and quite a few tears. Going to be a long and lonely year for all of us.

Kids are ok. He said good-bye to the girls when he dropped them off at school this morning and was gone before they came home. Jared came home for a few minutes after school and before play practice to say bye. Paige was at Kris' house when he left and didn't get a chance to tell him bye so she sent him a text. Called him Dad. I imagine that choked him up a bit. Jared calls him Dad a lot, but I don't think Paige ever has, at least not directly to him. She will refer to him as her Dad when she's talking about him, but calls him Ray when talking to him.

On the bright side, my new ovens were finally installed today. It's been almost a year since the upper oven broke and I have really missed having two. Just in time to start baking massive amounts of cookies to send to Ray and his team.

Lots of activities going on to keep us all busy. Jared has his work, two plays to rehearse for, an audition for a music scholarship, fencing, jazz band, symphonic band, and driving lessons.

Jazmyne just finished her basketball season last night, her end of season party is Friday, she has two soccer practices each week, violin lessons twice a week, and is signed up for softball season, she has scouts once a week, plus a court of awards ceremony tomorrow and a 4 day survival camping trip coming up in a couple of weeks, and still needs to complete her science fair project and her end of term book report and project.

Amber has one more week of basketball practice, one more game, her end of season party, Brownies once a week, twice a week soccer practice and is signed up for softball. She was actually signed up for coach pitch baseball but wants to change to softball since she can play on Jazmyne's team and she likes the idea that her soccer coach will be coaching the softball team. She has finished her science fair project and has elected to skip this year's spring camp. She would have to miss the first soccer game of the season if she goes and she doesn't want to do that.

Paige is busy working and spending time with Kris. She has taken over so many of the errands that Ray used to do, I can't even begin to say how grateful I am for that.

Me, I am trying to keep all of these schedules straight and make sure that everyone gets where they need to be, no one gets left anywhere because I forget to pick them up (a big fear of mine) and I try to keep track of which events I attend for each kid so that I can balance them out. Don't want any hurt feelings because I accidentally go to one more game for Amber than for Jaz or I go to the girls' games but can't make it to Jared's concert.

1 comment:

whiterabbit said...

That is just too sweet. Chad always gets choked up when the kids do that too. Sorry that you had to say good bye but at least its going to start now so that you can hurry up and count down the days.