Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Aggravating Day


"The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook."
William James

I was crabby and grumpy today. Not sure why. Everything just rubbed me the wrong way. So, rather than say something I would regret later, I opted to remain silent (almost) and for the most part avoided interacting with people today. Praying tomorrow will be a brighter day.

* If you are going to post your opinions all over the internet, please at least have a basic knowledge of the subject matter.

* Hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

* My fantasy football team has been drafted. I got Peyton Manning AND Randy Moss.

* My husband's place of employment is in serious need of new management.

* Two new Twilight book bags delivered today. Girls are thrilled.

And that about covers the excitement that was my day.

Praying for...

Brenda and her Grandma

Janeta's sister and niece

Evelyn and her family

Dorothy

Kelly

Rebecca

Eyvonne and Family

Lori and her Family
___________________________________________
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: