Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Thirteen #28


Since today is our last day of summer vacation I thought this would be an appropriate subject for this week's list.

Thirteen Things Our Family Did This Summer...

1. Moved from Oklahoma to Louisiana

2. Unpacked a gazillion boxes.

3. Bought lots of new furniture.

4. Got a new kitten, named Marshmallow.

5. Went to Ky/In to visit family for the 4th of July weekend.

6. Buried our dog Bubbles on my Dad's farm in Ky. after he was killed by a car.

7. Adopted another dog from the shelter here on Ft Polk, a cute chiweenie the girls named Honey.

8. Spent a fun day in Alexandria at Chuck E Cheese and watching the movie G-Force.

9. Grew tomatoes and peppers in containers on our back patio.

10. Played lots of World of Warcraft.

11. Ray and the girls went to the lake at Toledo Bend. I wasn't feeling well so missed that excursion.

12. Went to the movies to see Transformers 2 and also to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

13. Lots of shopping, some fishing, quilting, making new friends.

http://thursday-13.com/2009/08/05/thursday-13-week-31/

5 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

You had an AWESOME summer! We didn't do half that -- and our summer wasn't quite what I'd call awesome, either.

yyam said...

You did a LOT of things this summer...including a move! Sounds like your family had fun!

The Bumbles said...

Isn't Fun and Chuck E. Cheese an oxymoron? Fun as a kid, headache maker as a grown-up ;0)

Sorry about your pup. That is heartbreaking.

Heather said...

Aside from #6, it sounds like you all had a pretty great summer. Here's to a great new school year!

Hazellie said...

I'm so sorry about Bubbles. =( But I'm glad you had a fun and eventful summer! =)