Monday, April 6, 2009

Friday's Post on Monday


"God gives every bird a worm, but he does not throw it into the nest." Swedish Proverb

Seems like I am always running several days behind on everything lately. My blog is neglected, emails are stacking up, I am behind on phone calls. I do hope that some day I will be able to get back into some sort of organized routine.

Among the chaos and drama of the week, there were some positive moments....

1. Paige got a temporary job to build her bank account back up. That way she will be able to buy diapers and gas and pay her insurance and cell phone bills while she looks for a job in Louisiana.

2. Jared signed a lease for an apartment. He will be moving out this week. I am excited for him. Going shopping tomorrow to buy him some essentials.

3. Jazmyne and her friend scored a superior rating at the solo and ensemble competition on Saturday.

4. Amber was named March student of the month for her school. Go her!

5. Amber was selected to attend the local Young Author's Conference. Only two other students from her school were invited to attend. We are quite proud of her.

6. My husband bought me a paper shredder and a file cabinet for my office. Yea! More ways to get organized! And shredding paper is very calming. I love it!

7. Three credit cards paid off, cancelled and put through the shredder. Very exciting stuff!

8. Pretty roses from my husband. He forgot to let me know he was inviting company over for a BBQ on Sunday. I was too exhausted to be irritated. So we negotiated. I got flowers, the dining room carpet cleaned and he did all the prep and cooking for Sunday. Not a bad deal. Especially since I really enjoyed the company and didn't mind at all that he had invited them.

9. Dinner out with Ray and the girls on Saturday. It was his birthday and he wanted to go out. It was a nice evening.

10. I ordered some stuff from a friend of Jazmyne's awhile back. I forgot about it until he delivered it. Now I have yummy walnut fudge and chocolate covered almonds.

My prayer list is short because I have been so out of the loop lately. If you've requested prayers and I don't have you listed, I apologize.

Kathy
Debbie's husband
Lynne and family
Tina and family
Lori and family
Evelyn's grandchildren
Kelly
Heather and Carl, and Carl's family
Kimmie
Angie and family
My sister Debby
Ray's Mom

Train up a child in the way he should go;
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.
—Proverbs 22:6

1 comment:

cdayzee said...

I'm right there w/ ya being out of the loop! I'm trying to play Online Catch-up myself today.