
Having a very relaxing, yet productive week. Still having trouble believing we have entered a new year. And what a wonderful year it promises to be...my husband coming home, a new grand baby, moving to a new state and beginning a new chapter of our life, a family reunion in the summer, and other unknown events waiting to surprise us. I am excited about all of it.
My amused and happy moments for this week....
1. My nifty, zippy new sewing machine. Not only am I thankful for it, I am also highly entertained with the way it speeds up my sewing. I can quilt in a day what it takes me a week to do by hand. I have big plans for this little machine.
Side Note for those that are amused at my quirky habit of naming my appliances/electronics...his name is Julien.
2. I almost let myself run out of checks. I knew I was getting low back in October when Ray was home, but in all the hoopla I forgot to order more. Oops! So I finally ordered some more. My current check design is Betty Boop, the previous one was m&ms. Now I will have Mr. Potato Head on my checks. LOL.
3. Paige and the baby's room is all set up. She is doing a rain forest theme that is just too cute. I need to make coordinating curtains.
4. I am still getting Christmas cards in the mail. I love it! I've gotten 5 more cards since I took down my Christmas decorations the day after Christmas, some with letters and/or pictures. Always makes the day a little brighter to get personal mail along with the regular stack of bills, credit card offers and advertisements. Wish I could get Christmas cards all year long. Maybe I will start a new tradition and send some out every month for the whole year.
5. I finally have new pictures of my nephew and two of my nieces. I have framed pics of all my nieces, nephews, my kids and grand kids sitting on the shelf above my desk. My picture of my nephew and one of my nieces was very outdated, and I didn't even have a picture of he other niece. Now I am just needing a photo of one nephew to complete the grouping.
6. I got a total of six new discs for my scentstories player for Christmas. I love them all. But I especially love the sugar and spice one. My house has smelled like fresh baked sugar cookies for days now. Yum!
7. A free freezer bag vacuum pump kit in the mail. I love free. And now my veggies won't get freezer burn. Yea!
8. I am back on track with my healthy eating and I have already lost two pounds. Go me!
9. Christmas tree shaped Reeces cups. I know I'm not supposed to be eating them but YUM! I shall run out soon and then I will return to my former "no chocolate" lifestyle.
10. Amber's new Miley Cyrus cd. LOL. I don't know why but for some reason that Fly on the Wall song amuses me.
Prayers this week going out to...
Tammy
Lynne and her family
Kelly's daughter Monique (also still praying for Hutch)
Janeta's sister and husband
Dorothy, also her friend's grand daughter Myracle
Kathy and Curt
Shellie and her husband
Evelyn and her grand children
Donna and Tom
Carmelita and Ivan and the little peanut
Debbie's grandson Caleb
Linda
My Dear Husband and all his team mates.
"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven." - Luke 6:37

2 comments:
I, too can't believe we're in a new year. Glad you have lots of things to look fwd to & have an optimistic attitude!
There's something about AFTER the holidays that is just so relaxing and calm. I know the days leading up to Christmas were frantic around here but the past week or so has been great. Lots of time ot sit around and just hang out with the family.
Post a Comment