
Another week down, another week closer to having my husband home. Seems that is all I think about lately. Hard to believe it's almost over. It's been a challenging fourteen months for all of us. We have all grown, sometimes as individuals, sometimes as a family. It will be an interesting feat to merge all those changes as we come together as a whole family unit again.
My list of positive moments for the week.....
1. My youngest had her 9th birthday last month. All she wanted for her birthday was a Snuggie. We don't know why. She's just weird like that. So my husband orders her one almost a month before her birthday. They were apparently on backorder because it was just delivered the other day. She is thrilled. When she is happy and smiling, it's contagious and everyone around her feels good.
2. Finally got the dreaded gas bill. The January bill is always the biggest of the year and I was especially concerned about this year's because of rising prices. The bill was $100 less than last January's bill. One of the benefits of not having hubby here jacking the thermostat up to 75* every time he walks past it. Call me silly, but I would rather have him home and pay the higher bill. But since he can't be here, I will be satisfied with a lower heating bill.
3. My daughter's employee discount at the store she works at. Very nice to get 25-35% off of purchases. The girls each got new Hoodie jackets that they just love.
4. I bought the first piece to go with my new kitchen theme. It's a gallon canning jar with a spout. It will always be filled with sweetened iced tea. It's not much but it's a start. I have a vague idea in my head of what I am going for in the kitchen, but nothing definite. I will know what I want when I see it, if that makes sense.
5. Finally heard from Ray again. He is pretty much the same, just flying a little higher because of the pain killers, which doesn't make me happy, but hearing from him was still a bright moment in my day.
6. A fun phone call from my younger sister. I don't hear from her often so it's always nice to catch up.
7. "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor." The movie over all wasn't nearly as entertaining as the first two installments of the series. I love Brendan Fraser and watch most everything he is in, but Arnold Vosloo as Imhotep is what made those first two movies so good for me. There was no Imhotep in the Dragon Emperor. But there were yeti! Large, loud, pathetically cheesy yeti. I laughed, really hard.
8. Spring clothes are showing up in the stores. I love shopping for the girls. I got Amber two very cute Capri outfits and 3 pair of pants and 4 shirts for Jaz. It was a fun outing for us all.
9. A surprise call from Kyra. She just wanted to chat. How fun it is when your child grows up enough to become your friend.
10. I managed to finish my Johnny Depp characters collection on Facebook. Been working on that for a week and thought I would never finish. May not seem like much to accomplish, but right now little things are all I can manage.
Praying this week for...
Janeta's sister Angie
Kathy
Kelly's fur baby MinnieLou
Kimmie
Kyra and the grand kids
Carmelita
Donna
Lynne and her family
Shellie and her family
My Dear Husband and everyone on his team.
"O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress. " Jeremiah 16:19

4 comments:
I'm thinking we're gonna have to pay electric this month. The bill should come any day now. DS11 keeps messing w/ the thermostat.
3. Where does she work?? that;s a great discount!
That's sweet about Kyra. I can't do that w/ my mom. She's too judgmental. However, there have been moments where I'm able to talk to her like that. Few & far between though.
Have a blessed week.. :hugs:
First you count the months. Next you count the weeks. It won't be long now until you're counting the days until Ray gets home! How exciting!
Thanks for prayers for Angie she still needs prayer!
I remember well when my daughter and I went from parent and child to friends. She was about the age of Kyra too. It is a wonderful feeling. Now, ask me who my best friend (female) is...it's my daughter!
God Bless,
Janeta
ris...she worked at Atwoods. It's a farm and ranch store. Friday was her last day. They said they will hire her back when she is ready to come back to work.
Janeta...I never would have thought Kyra would have been such a good friend. She was such a rebellious teenager. Gave us more trouble than all the others combined (so far) But kids settled her down and she is a whole new person.
Ticking off the days on the calendar. It's so close now!
Isn't it great when your kids grow up and you can talk to them like a regular person? Cara and I talk on the phone, go to lunch, shopping, and occasionally I will have her help me out with a job. It's great! Now hopefully someday I can do the same things with Christin.
Post a Comment