
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. ~Charles Dickens
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love! ~Hamilton Wright Mabie
The days are marching past, filled with Christmas activities, filled with simple joys, bringing our much anticipated homecoming closer and closer. Hard to believe this year is almost finished. I am looking forward to many new adventures in the new year, but for now I am going to savor the few remaining days of this year. This is my absolute favorite time of the year and I intend to enjoy every moment of it.
Such as.....
1. Last day of school for 2008! Yea! Two and a half weeks of sleeping late!!!
2. Incredible conversations with my wonderful husband. He amazes me sometimes. Actually, he amazes me most of the time.
3. Red fuzzy Betty Boop dice for my Jeep. Sent to me from my hubby. Maybe if I make it girly enough he won't try to steal it when he gets home. LOL.
4. Raspberry jam thumbprint cookies. I sent two dozen to my husband. I ate the rest. Oh my! The scale is gonna yell at me!
5. Finally watched "The Dark Knight." I don't even like Batman, and I was still impressed.
6. Christmas presents in the mail from my Sweetie. I have gotten one most every day this week. I love Christmas surprises. I love having a thoughtful husband.
7. Hot chocolate with pumpkin pie flavored creamer. YUM!
8. 43 1/2 rows completed on Paige's afghan. Has only taken me 2 years to get that much done. Another 10 years and I will be finished. LOL.
9. A gingerbread scented, snowflake shaped air freshener for my Jeep. Makes me want to go for long drives just so I can smell it. Ok, not really. I don't like to drive. But I do really like the way my car smells.
10. The Holiday music channel on my TV. Love being able to tune into the Christmas songs anytime I want.
Prayers for...
Janeta's sister and her uncle and aunt
Mavis
Lynne and her family
Carmelita and her family
Kathy and her family
Tina's friends...the Bilby family
Shellie's daughter
Laura's son Jon
Harvie and Ron
Mel, Art and Aaron
Becki, Paul, the kids and Paul's family
All those affected by the ice and snow storms across the nation.
My Dear Husband and his team mates.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world,
That He gave His only begotten Son,
That whosoever believeth in Him
Should not perish but have everlasting life.

3 comments:
Thanks for your prayers!
I love your blog. You make me really think about the little things in life we need to be thankful for. You're a blessing to me.
God Bless,
Janeta
I am trying to keep the Christmas spirit but damn....it's getting difficult with everything lately. Usually I love this time of year but for some reason, it's just not the same this year though I have done an absolutely phenomenal job of faking it...lol
J...You are quite welcome. Thank you for stopping by. I am glad you are enjoying my blog, I certainly enjoy visiting your's.
WR...(((HUGS)))Sweetie. I read your latest entry and I am praying for his Grandma, and for all of you. I know this has been a rough year for you all.
Did you forget my phone number? LOL. Haven't talked to you in days. Of course, even if you did call I probably wouldn't know about it cause Jazmyne is always on the phone and would probably tell you to call back later and then forget to tell me you had called. LOL.
You know you are my most favorite dust bunny ever!
Post a Comment