Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mish Mash of Moments


Prayer is not an old woman's idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action.
Mahatma Gandhi

Still not feeling well and want to post this and crawl into bed for at least 12 hours. So glad tomorrow is Saturday and I have everything done. That means I will be spending the day on the sofa.

My Weekly Happy/Amused/Entertained/Blessed Moments

1. Jazmyne's band Christmas concert. Very entertaining. I loved their version of "Up on the Housetop." And it still amuses me to see her following in her big brother's footsteps. Her instructor is always telling her..."Play louder, like your brother!" LOL. He used to drown out the rest of the band all by himself.

2. Chain Chomp toy that Jared gave me from his Burger King kid's meal. I have been amusing myself at the dog's expense. When he begins to dance around my chair (a signal that means he wants to go out and see if the cat has left anything good to eat or go out and bark at a squirrel or a leaf or a blade of grass) I can simply push a button and my chain chomp jumps across the space between me and the mutt and smacks him in the head. ROFL. I know it's a bit mean, but it really doesn't hurt him and the look is priceless.

3. Amber's sparkly pink dental fillings. She was getting ready to cry over the shot they gave her to numb her mouth so the dentist presented her with a tray of color choices for her fillings. She had never imagined such possibilities. Pink! Sparkles! WOW! Bling for her mouth! She immediately forgot that she was supposed to be crying.

4. My husband finally has Internet. It is unreliable and it's very slow, but at least it's there. We were able to chat for about 10 minutes this morning. WOOHOO! Actually kind of pathetic that 10 minutes of communication with my love and my best friend is enough to make me content.

5. Checking my husband's LES and discovering we are getting almost $1000 extra this payday. This would normally be a cause for alarm simply because once the military starts messing with your pay, there is no telling when it will stop or how far in the hole you will be by the time it stops. However, I am pretty sure they owe him this money. They haven't paid him one of his extra combat pay entitlements since he deployed. So I think this is all the back pay from that. I hope. I am sticking it in the savings account just in case they decide a few months from now that it's "Oops! Our bad. Give it back." They have done that before. It wasn't pretty. The words "No Pay Due" are some pretty scary words to read when the rent is due.

6. Lots more Christmas cards in the mail. I now have an even dozen. Yea! And one came with cash. Quite a bit of cash, along with a completely unnecessary note apologizing that it couldn't be more. It was more than enough. It wasn't necessary to send any. A simple card and a wish for a merry Christmas would have been plenty. I have great inlaws (most of the time).

7. Jazmyne was elected president of her girl scout troop. She is very happy and excited about it. One of her duties is to organize and plan all the meetings for the rest of the scouting year. Big responsibility for a little girl, but I think she's up to it.

8. Watching "The Littlest Angel" with Amber. We sniffled. We sobbed. We cried our heads off. So much emotion over such a short Christmas special. We are such saps.

9. A cute picture of my girls on Santa's lap. Jazmyne hasn't sat on Santa's lap for years but, for her Daddy and to make her little sister happy, she suffered the humiliation. She even smiled while doing so. Amber grinned ear to ear cause she thinks Santa is AWESOME!

10. My amazing daughter, who I want very much to squeeze hard enough to keep her 8 years old forever. After receiving some Christmas cash I was asking the kids what they might like to have that would cost around $50 each. Amber thought for a moment and then very timidly asked did I think she might be able to have a baby My Little Pony doll. Paige had recently bought one for Chloe as a Christmas present and Amber thought it was adorable. Paige told her that would only cost about $15 so she could have something else to go with it. Amber just smiled and said, No Thank You. I just would like a pony. Everyone else can have the rest of the money. I just love that child!

Praying For....

Lynne and her family
Shellie's Daughter
Adam, and all the rest of Kevin's family
Sherry's husband
Brady and Maggie
Mavis

My Darling Husband and all his Buddies.

Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15

3 comments:

cdayzee said...

wow - i didnt know fillings came in any colors!! that's too cool!

I really enjoyed reading your list :)

kandyblossom said...

I didn't know either until the dentist offered her the choices. They are only for baby teeth, but both teeth that needed fillings were baby teeth so she got lots of pink sparkles.

Thanks for always reading and commenting.

whiterabbit said...

Geez and to think I was all excited about $60 extra!