Friday, November 21, 2008

Cranky



"I like these cold, gray winter days. Days like these let you savor a bad mood."
......Bill Watterson

Another rough week here in chilly downright frosty Oklahoma. The usual cold weather issues...a pre teen that insists that it's really not cold enough (28*) to have to wear a jacket to school. An 8 y/o that loses one glove every day. Stupid Hawaii born dog believes he should only have to do his business outside when the temps are over 50*.

More car troubles for the older two, not really my problem except that it always seems to inconvenience me.

Worried sick about my husband. The holidays are always the hardest times during a deployment and this year is no exception. Being in constant pain hasn't helped his mood either. I just wish there was more that I could do for him. I feel so useless. I will be so glad when this deployment is finally over.

Annoyed with the girls' scout troop, annoyed with Amber's soccer coach, annoyed with most everyone lately. I have mostly been trying to avoid people until I am in a better mood. I'm thinking that will be sometime next spring. LOL.

Oh, well, despite my cranky mood and poor attitude, I recognize and acknowledge that my life is still very good and I have more to be thankful for than a lot of people I know. Here is my weekly list of happy, feel good, laugh out loud, warm and fuzzy moments.

1. An unexpected check in the mail. Over $300 from Tricare to reimburse us for a bill from almost THREE years ago. I don't know why they sent it now, but I'm not going to call and ask them either.

2. Lori's blog entry about the possessed cursor. Her way with words is excellent, the mental images she conjured are priceless. Thank you Lori.

3. Jeff Dunham's Christmas special. Achmed is too funny.

4. A bowl of my home made clam dip. I know I shouldn't have, but I love the stuff and haven't made it in years. I ate it ALL! Bad me.

5. I found myself some warm fleece pajamas on clearance at K-Mart. Perfect for these cold days and nights we have been having. They are sparkly and have Christmas penguins on them. I am darn cute! LOL.

6. I also found warm fuzzy robes for the girls. Black with pink polka dots for Jazzy and pink with guitars for Amber.

7. Paige bought me cute Christmas socks...candy cane striped with gingerbread men on the cuffs and peppermint candies hanging from them. My feet have more holiday spirit than any feet I know.

8. The best moment of all... A phone call from Ray. Those are few and far between so each one is more treasured than I can express.

9. Decorating Christmas sweatshirts with my girls. They needed them to wear in the parade that took place after the official lighting of the "Festival of Lights" Christmas display in the park. They had much fun decorating their shirts and even more fun walking in the parade and tossing candy to the kids along the route.

10. Judy Blume and the world of Fudge...Amber's new reading obsession. Everyone of my children have read these books, and everyone of them have loved them. I am glad to see her carry on the tradition.

Since I have spent most of this week pretty much isolated from everyone (except my kids and Carrie, they are relentless stalkers and never leave me alone. LOL) I have no idea who needs prayers. So I am concentrating all of my energies into my husband and his team. And all the families in the world struggling to make ends meet in today's economy.


The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
(Psalm 9:9-10)

2 comments:

cdayzee said...

Ah - you have one of those too - those kids that think jackets of any kind are for wimps! sigh! i feel ya there!
And I can certainly relate to the one missing glove too!

LOL re Bubbles!!!!! Mine werent HI born, but both TX - & even they dont like going out. Wrench has learned but we havent gotten Trixie brainwashed yet LOL. Rain is the worst though.

That sucks about car troubles though. I always hated going thru that. So frustrating.

:hugs: to Ray & to you!
I know that feeling of wanting to help make things better but not being able to.

woohoo for unexpected $!!

Ah, I see youre a Jeff Dunham fan too. My DH taped that. He laughs so much he gets tears. However, I just cant see the humor. lol

I've been thinking about you lately, so I knew something was amiss. :hugs:

Unknown said...

sending you lots of hugs Gale!