Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Welcome to the next installment of my mental journey to explore my senses and what stimulates them. I really thought this one would be kind of tough because I have so much hearing loss that I really don't depend on that sense very much. I was wrong.
Also, I want to say that this whole subject has sparked some very interesting conversations in my house. I have learned new and fun facts about my children...and a few strange facts too. LOL. Like the fact that one of my son's favorite sounds is the sound of the his cup filling with soda from a soda fountain.

Once again, I am not going with the obvious...the sound of my husband saying "I love you" or the sound of my children laughing. I do love those sounds above all others but not what I am going for here.




12. A whistling tea kettle. Reminds me of my childhood. And isn't that a pretty tea kettle? Would match my pink kitchen quite nicely. Wish I could find one like it.







11. Chirping birds. How nice it is when that is the first sound I hear when I wake up.







10. Good bluegrass music. Two of the best ever at it are in the picture.








9. The gentle tinkle of a wind chime on a breezy day. Quite simply says "Spring is here."









8. Waterfalls. The sound personifies the power in nature.









7. The roar of a fire in a fireplace or wood burning stove. The crackle and pop of the shifting logs.






6. The sound of a good steak hitting a hot grill. Means that scrumptious delights are just minutes away.










5. The contented purrs of a happy kitty. I wish people could purr like that.








4. Harp music. Touches the soul in a way that no other music can.









3. The sound of the ocean. Probably the only thing I miss about living in Hawaii. And taro bread...but that is for another sense.







2. My cell phone ringing, because 99% of the time it means my husband is calling.









1. Rain. The most peaceful and soothing sound in the world to me.

No comments: