
Laura Ingalls Wilder............
It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
1. A much needed phone call from Ray. It had been so very long since the last one.
2. A cute, and very appropriate, card in the mail from Carrie.
3. Lost 3 more lbs even though I caved to the temptation of fresh cupcakes on one day and chips with cheese dip on another. Total loss so far=32lbs.
4. I finished my apron!! I was beginning to think I would never have the motivation to pick up the needle and thread again. Plus, I finished making the clothes for Amber's gingerbread doll. He is now a she.
5. Sarah is home. Now Jared may stop moping and being all emo.
6. Pretty fireworks watched from the comfort, peace and quiet of my own backyard.
7. The chairs that my girls wanted for their rooms were on clearance, marked down from $28.95 to $18. I love it when that happens.
8. A nice thunderstorm on Thursday that did wonders for my yard and made Amber's sunflowers grow about 6 inches over night. Gonna have to tie them to the fence soon.
9. Amber has already been transferred to her new Jr scout troop. She is now in the same troop as Jaz and has been invited to all of the summer activities.
10. The newest Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich, good for a couple of hours of amusement.
Every day is miserable for the depressed, but a lighthearted man has a continual feast.
-- Proverbs 15:15

No comments:
Post a Comment