"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily. "So it is." "And freezing." "Is it?" "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately." ~A.A. Milne
This week's list is about seeing the good in potentially bad situations. No matter how bad some things may seem, they could always be much worse.
1. Tossed Paige out. That could be looked at as a bad thing, but the upside to it is that everything is calmer here at home. She took all of her drama with her and that means the rest of us are now happier and more relaxed.
2. I haven't had a phone call from Ray in almost 5 weeks. But I have been able to talk with him on skype messenger for at least 30 minutes almost every single day. And the conversations have been very positive and uplifting.
3. Our lawn mower conked out on Jared yesterday before he finished mowing the front lawn. Good news is that he was able to finish with the weed eater.
4. Buying a new lawn mower will take money away from what I had planned to put in savings. But it certainly is nice to know I can afford to buy a new one without having to sacrifice paying something else.
5. It stormed on Tuesday and cancelled the girls' ball games. Good part of that is I didn't have to leave my house on the one day when I was the most exhausted.
6. After an exhausting, long and hot search all over town for the bedding set that Jaz wanted for her new room, I came home empty handed. I found the bedding online, plus I have lost two more pounds because of the extra exercise.
7. After 7 years and two kids, Kyra has decided to leave Donald and move here. Sad for her, the kids and Donald, but at least my grand babies will be near.
8. The ex has decided that since Jared has turned 18 and has graduated high school, child support is no longer necessary (he is supposed to pay until Jared is 23 or out of school...including college) Great news about all of that is that the man no longer has any reason to contact any of us. YEA! It's worth the loss of a few dollars.
9. The yearly review of my electric bill raised it by $11 per month. But isn't it grand that I can stay as cool as I choose by the simple turn of a dial?
10. The price of gas is outrageous. But I do live in one of the cheapest areas of the country and I also live within a mile or two of every place I have to go, plus many places are actually within walking distance.
Prayer List...
My family.....Paige to be safe as she learns to live with the choices she has made.
Kyra and the babies during the next few months of changes
Jared for patience as he waits for Sarah to come home
Jazmyne as she grows and adjust to her new stage of life
Amber to feel better so she can go back to school and her ball games
Ray to be safe
Lori and Jeff and the whole family
Ang and her family
Therese and her family and friends
Jae's husband Mike
Diona, her Aunt Ruth and Uncle Wyndam
Evelyn, Paul and Erin
Erica, Jasi and Christian
Dorothy
Loretta's friend and baby Jonathan
Kathy's friends Binky and Callie
Chari and Nate
Janet and Jasper
Art, Mel and little Aaron
Brandy, James and the boys
Lynne's husband
Lisa and her boys
Kathie's friends Lori and Jeff and their daughter Corrine
When times are good, be happy;
But when times are bad, consider:
God has made the one as well as the other...
Ecclesiastes 7:14
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment