Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's Like Magic


One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
Dale Carnegie

An excellent day! Today was the first day of a four day weekend for hubby. Enjoying the new connection we are sharing. Planning to have a nice family weekend with the girls. Today's highlights...

* Wizards of Waverly Place movie. Been waiting for it for weeks. Finally premiered tonight. I was not disappointed. Cute and touching movie.

* Hubby finally fixed the issue with Dish Network. We will be getting the local channels soon. In time for Dancing with the Stars. In time for football season.

* Two weeks into the first grading period and Amber is doing excellently. Four more weeks until the first report card.

* Jazmyne is doing very well in band. Only her second day and the teacher is holding her up as an example to the rest of the class. This is the advanced band. Everyone has already had at least one year of prior band experience, most of them in the local schools. Tuesday is the first football game. The band can't play because no one knows how to play the school fight song. No one except Jazmyne. LOL. Kind of makes her uncomfortable to be used as an example, but I am proud of her for doing so well.

* Had the best dinner tonight. Probably the tastiest one since we moved here. Ray grilled steaks on his grill and they were delicious. Perfectly cooked, juicy and seasoned just right, with lots of pepper and garlic. Even Amber ate a couple of bites, and she's a vegetarian. I made spicy sweet potatoes and spinach sauteed with onion, garlic, bacon and feta.

* Jazmyne made muffins after dinner. Blueberry for her Daddy and chocolate chip for herself and her sister. I like both.

* Hubby said he would buy me a Shark Steam Pocket Mop. Yea!

Praying for...

Ray's Mom

Theresa

Kelly, Scott and Scott's Parents

Melissa and Family

Jen and her children

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, they are plans for good, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

whiterabbit said...

MMMM..steak. Maybe I can talk Chad into doing those next weekend.

cdayzee said...

grade cards already - wow.

I'm glad Jazmyne is doing so well in band - however, I can understand her being uncomfortable being the example. I hope it doesnt turn the other kids against her, kwim?