Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another Glorious Week


"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~ Marcel Proust ~

Finding this past week's happy moments has been a rather easy task. Can't think of a single moment that I didn't find enjoyable. It's been a week filled with family fun and lots of couple time in there for me and Ray. So I will just touch on the highlights.

1. My son is now officially engaged. He actually got down on one knee in front of the whole family and popped the question (for about the millionth time)

2. An incredibly fun weekend trip to Tx to visit Kyra and the grand babies, and to visit my best friend and her family.

3. I have a brand new computer. Of course it has vista instead of XP, but so far no real problems. Well, no problems once it got past the need to install updates every 5 seconds the first day I had it.

4. Making pizzas with Ray and the kids. Fun,fun,fun.

5. Baking cookies with the kids.

6. Watching Jazmyne in her school's musical production of Alice in Wonderland, Jr.

7. Getting most of my Christmas shopping done.

8. Family movie night...we watched Monster Squad.

9. Watching the kids and Ray play their new Guitar Hero game.

10. Watching the girls enjoy their new bikes.

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Th. 5:18).

5 comments:

cdayzee said...

awesome all the way around!

congrats to Jared & Sarah (that's her name, right??)

:hugs:

whiterabbit said...

Congrats to Jared and Sarah. Glad you guys are having a great time while he is home. Have you ever found out where in the world you are going to when he gets back? Ya know, as much as I have complained about vista I must have gotten used to it cause I am still waiting for my cord to come in the mail and have been using Dormouse's computer with XL on it and I absolutely HATE it!

kandyblossom said...

ris...thanks. Yes, her name is Sarah.

WR...Louisiana.Can you believe that? What part of "I hate hot weather" is the army having a hard time understanding? Geez. Oh, well, he's locked into the job for 2-3 years and it's a job that will keep him home. Plus he's back to being an instructor so that makes him happy. We'll still only be 5 1/2 hours away from Killeen, so I can live with that.

whiterabbit said...

WTH????? Louisiana?????? Talk about left field, was that even on his list?

kandyblossom said...

Nope, not on the list. He had mentioned it once (therefore, it's ALL HIS FAULT) but hadn't seriously considered it. Heck, once Ft Hood was back on the list we figured we didn't need to discuss anywhere else. There are ALWAYS openings at Hood. Guess I need to rethink that theory.LOL.