
Eric Hoffer:
The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.
Life is buzzing right along, bringing changes and challenges, blessings and aggravations. Every challenge I successfully navigate creates just a tiny bit more self confidence. Every blessing that I recognize and acknowledge adds another ounce or so of happiness and contentment to a life already overflowing with good stuff.
Had a few unexpected happy moments this week, and a few that are pretty normal occurrences that I have a habit of taking for granted. All in all...and excellent week, even if I am a bit exhausted from trying to adjust to school being back in session.
1. Naps!!! My house is so quiet during the day and there is nobody needing anything or demanding my attention so I am able to nap to my heart's content.
2. Grass. All the rain this past week has not only greened up everything, it has also helped my grass seed to sprout. What was once patches of ugly bare earth is turning into pretty green lawn.
3. My baby had her birthday. She is 11 now. Not so much a little girl now. Sniffle. But I am happy for her and all the changes happening in her life.
4. The tuba lives on. When Jared graduated high school and then decided not to continue his music, I was really kind of sad that there would be no more concerts, no more marching, no more tuba blasts coming from the other side of the house. But Jazmyne has decided to carry on the tradition. After trying out several instruments, and with a bit of coaching from Jared's old band instructor, she made the decision to play the tuba.
5. The school only furnishes 3 different instruments, all others must be purchased or rented by the parents. One of the instruments they furnish is the tuba. YEA!
6. The movie 10,000 B.C....I had my doubts about it and put off watching it for quite awhile. Finally, out of desperate boredom, I put it in the DVD player. It was wonderful, held my attention throughout, brought a few tears to my eyes.
7. An article I read about Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell (the 3 actors signed on to finish Heath Ledger's final movie) After discovering that Heath had never updated his will to include his young daughter, the 3 stars decided to give their salaries from the movie to her. I don't normally follow or have any interest in the world of celebrities, but this touched my heart.
8. Morning Glories. Climbing all over the front of my privacy fence. Beautiful purple blossoms smiling out at us every morning when we leave for school.
9. The public school system where we live. I hear so many horror stories about public schools across our country, and my kids have attended a few that were not so impressive. The schools that my kids attend now are incredible. I could type pages and pages listing all the things I love about these schools (Don't worry, I'm not going to, but I could if I wanted)
10. My Sweetie's sequence # came up for next month's promotions. YEA! He deserves a promotion, and the extra money will certainly be nice.
Praying for ...
Dimitrje and his mother Jessica
Kelly's friend Tommie
Kathy
Dorothy
Lynne and family
Sheryl
Sharon
Tina
Donna
Tracy and family
Eyvonne
Mel
Niki's husband Patrick
Becky
April
Naomi's Daughter
And for Lori's furry friend Tater
Praying for my husband and his team.
"Love is never tired of waiting."1 Corinthians 13:4

No comments:
Post a Comment