Friday, July 11, 2008

Laughter




Stephen King
You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.


Such a fun week I have had. I don't know if there was really more entertainment than normal or if I was just in a mood to be amused. Either way, the result was the same. I laughed. I laughed a lot. That is a rare treasure lately and I am grateful for it.

1. Lori's blog entry about her experience with the shed mouse. Too funny!

2. Watching the children play Twister in the living room. Brought back many fond memories of doing the same when I was a child.

3. Darby O'Gill and the Little People. I love old movies!

4. An unexpected phone call from my husband. He bought me a present...a present I will get when he comes home for R&R, which can now be considered more sooner rather than later.

5. Phone calls with Debby. She has such a great outlook on life and always inspires me to improve myself.

6. Watching Not Our Cat terrorize the dog without even trying. The cat simply bats a paw at the dog as the dog passes her on the way in the door, there is no hissing, no growling, the claws aren't even extended, yet the dog freaks every time. Bubbles is such a wimp.

7. Watching the dog get his revenge as he sits inside staring out the sliding glass door at the cat huddled under the grill during a downpour. I swear the dog was laughing.

8. A cute new bunny pen with light up ears. I am easily amused.

9. Porch Kitty all dressed up in baby clothes. Good for a few giggles.

10. My lopsided cake with a split personality. One side was heavily decorated, one side was seriously boring (Amber doesn't like any embellishments on her cake...weirdo) Hilarious to look at, delicious to eat. I know cause I tried it, both sides. And Mr. Scale still says I lost another pound.

Praying this week for...

Jazmyne's friend Kayleigh. And for Jaz as she deals with a friend's betrayal.

Carmelita's son Jesse.

Kathy's son Ron and his children.

Rhonda and her family.

Mel, Art and Aaron

Kelly

Dorothy

Diona, Meagan and Colin

Lesa's friends

Sharon

Eyvonne

Niki

Ray's Mom

As always...my sweetie, his team and all of our military.


Prov: 17:22: “A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones.”

No comments: